ELEQ 333 mV Transformers for smart station automation
The energy market is constantly in motion. Where grid operators used to plan changes for the long-term, the energy transition is forcing a rapid redesign of the grid. An example of this is the uptake of solar panels in certain districts, which affects the required grid capacity. The grid is also becoming destabilised by decentralised generation, and modern equipment is more sensitive to that instability, which can cause disturbances.
Smart station automation
Smarter station automation offers a solution for monitoring grid performance properly. For example, this could include options for local and remote reading and station control. Relevant data to monitor include current, voltage, power, temperature and humidity, short-circuit and overload. When unusual activity is detected, the station can be remotely switched off or diverted.
Transformers with 333 mV output
Correct measurement is the foundation for smarter station automation. To that end, ELEQ offers a range of transformers with 333 mV output. In addition to our split-core current transformers (TQ), we are developing our smallest transformers, the RM17 and RM27, with a voltage output.
The benefits of our 333 mV range are:
- Easy to install
- o The TQ transformers are split-core, which is also perfect for retrofit jobs;
- o Longer cables possible to the measuring unit.
- o The transformer does not need to be short-circuited when the meter has to be disassembled.
In addition to individual TQ units, we also offer the transformers as a TQ 333 mV set. The set consists of three transformers with a six-core cable and plug. Our TQ 333 mV set improves ease of use and prevents installation errors:
- Easy to install
- o The plug can be connected to the measuring unit.
- Prevents installation errors
- o Because of the 6-core cable fewer cables are needed, one cable per outgoing field;
- o The colour coded cable makes it clear which cable is connected to which phase;
- o The plug ensures that the measuring unit is always connected properly.
In short, ELEQ offers the solution for correct measurement to enable smarter station automation, working together with leading international companies to achieve it.